Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs and concerns and improve the sustainability of their business? Do you want to work with committed, smart, and thoughtful team members to deliver exceptional value to clients? Then FrameworkESG may be the place for you.
FrameworkESG is a next-generation consultancy that helps companies manage risk and gain strategic advantage by proactively engaging, communicating, and managing to address new social, environmental, and economic realities.
We refer to our work as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) management because it’s a more complete lens than CSR, citizenship, sustainability, etc., and one aligned with business and investor metrics and priorities. We’re motivated by a mission to do great work for our clients that makes business stronger, society more sustainable, and our own firm more successful.
In our fifteen years in business, we at FrameworkESG have built a culture in which our people help clients solve thorny problems and diverse challenges in a friendly, curious, and collaborative atmosphere. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward hard work, dedication, responsiveness, and self-starters. It is crucial that you are a great teammate; Framework’s people value each other’s thinking and contributions no matter where they sit or where they stand.
The Opportunity: Interns (undergrad or grad students, or recent grads) support our ESG research and thought leadership efforts while gaining exposure to the ESG consulting space. Interns conduct an ESG-based research project to support our internal knowledge development, service innovation, or sales and marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to shape your research, work with Framework team members, and present your work to the firm at the end of the summer. You’ll also support other research on ESG trends, benchmarking companies’ ESG performance and communications, industry or issue research, and presentation development (TBD based on team needs when you start). Note: interns typically do not work on client projects. Interns also have opportunities to join in internal meetings, client calls, training webinars, and Framework’s social activities.
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Schedule: 30 hours per week, Monday through Thursday
- Stipend amount: $4,500
- Program date: June 3, 2019 to August 9, 2019 (10 weeks)
Skills and personal qualities
- Exceptional quantitative skills and research abilities, including experience with Bloomberg or ESG ratings
- Strong written communication skills and expert with Excel spreadsheets
- Able to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s values – committed to a better world; positive and supportive; pragmatic and value focused; leaders and innovators
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- You’re quick on the uptake; once we provide direction, you are able to work and learn independently
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States.
To apply: Send résumé, cover letter and works sample (maximum 800 words) detailing your interest in the position to admin@frameworkESG.com by April 24, 2019.
FrameworkESG is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.