Location: Flexible working arrangement available. Offices in Stamford, CT and Seattle, WA. Must be available for travel to office and client locations as needed.
Consultant: ESG Advisory, Insights, and Strategic Planning
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs and concerns and improve the sustainability of their business? Do you want to work with committed, smart, and thoughtful team members to deliver exceptional value to clients?
FrameworkESG is a next-generation consultancy that helps companies manage risk and gain strategic advantage by proactively engaging, communicating, and managing to address new social, environmental, and economic realities.
We refer to our work as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) management because it’s a more complete lens than CSR, citizenship, sustainability, etc., and one aligned with business and investor metrics and priorities. We’re motivated by a mission to do great work for our clients that makes business stronger, society more sustainable, and our own firm more successful.
In our fifteen years in business, we at FrameworkESG have built a culture in which our people help clients solve thorny problems and diverse challenges in a friendly, curious, and collaborative atmosphere. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward hard work, dedication, responsiveness, and self-starters. It is crucial that you are a great teammate; Framework’s people value each other’s thinking and contributions no matter where they sit or where they stand.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical as you have a direct impact on FrameworkESG’s approach to consulting and helping companies improve their ESG performance. You will be able to lead from the front and contribute directly to our growth. In doing so you will get to help clients identify needs while providing strategic solutions and a great client experience.
The Opportunity: A high-impact, client-facing role with the opportunity to lead our engagements with clients. The successful candidate will help shape FrameworkESG’s approach to consulting and client engagement and advance our work integrating ESG into business strategy and operations. As a member of the FrameworkESG team you will have the opportunity to build a personal brand, contribute to building a strong company brand, and influence positive change within some of the world’s largest organizations.
The Position: As a consultant, you will lead our clients through multifaceted consulting engagements with a broad array of clients to develop ESG vision and strategies, perform complex analyses and research, and engage internal and external stakeholders. A consultant’s responsibilities include:
- Lead strategic ESG advisory projects from conception through delivery to client leadership, including identifying strategic direction of the work and directing internal team members in project-related tasks
- Serve as the main point of contact to some of our diverse, substantial and well-regarded clients, and continue to identify new business opportunities
- Facilitate client workshops, meetings and presentations, and manage interactions with C-level executives and board members
- Manage all aspects of project execution, including project planning, contracting, tracking budget, scope and internal resources; communicate project progress to team members and firm leadership
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality, visually compelling, and actionable deliverables
- Subject-matter expertise across FrameworkESG’s service areas a plus, including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, risk management, inclusion and diversity, employee engagement, and customer engagement
- Contribute to Framework’s external thought leadership articles and business development activities
- Pitch in wherever, whenever, and however appropriate to serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile
Your Experience and skills: We seek a forward-thinking consultant with a proven track record who can demonstrate a deep understanding of the business importance of ESG issues, draw clear connections between management of ESG issues and reputational and financial performance, and facilitate conversations with senior leadership to galvanize company action.
- Five to ten years of relevant professional experience from a management consulting, investor organization, or NGO working with business, or in-house corporate sustainability, corporate strategy, or similar role in the private sector
- Experience working with large multinational corporations or professional services organizations in an account management or client service role, preferred
- Experience and comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with executives and senior client contacts; sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, demonstrated ability to develop and edit written materials
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously; lead and develop high-performing teams, resolve challenges and roadblocks, and manage to project scope and budget
- Highly strategic and analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Strong facility with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, project management software, Slack and other technology
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability and willingness to travel for project work and business development across the US
- Able to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s values – committed to a better world; positive and supportive; pragmatic and value focused; leaders and innovators
- You love consulting, the diversity of the work, fast-paced environment, and collaborating with team members and have a strong sense of client service
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse team working across various locations
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
To apply: Send résumé and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to admin@frameworkESG.com by March 15, 2019.
FrameworkESG is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.