Client: Healthcare Services Company
Our client conducts development activities for biotech and pharmaceutical companies. A few years ago, several of its clients requested that it explain its approach to managing and reporting ESG issues. While the company felt that it maintained a responsible culture, it didn’t have formalized policies, data tracking, communications, or other ESG activities, and engaged us at FrameworkESG to help.
After several years working with FrameworkESG, the company now has:
- A committed team of C-suite and senior leaders, guided by a formal charter, leading its sustainability efforts.
- A set of goals aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, such as improving HIV research infrastructure in Africa and increasing female representation in its senior leadership
- Expanded internal communications efforts around sustainability issues, and a remarkable level of engagement from employees
- Tableau-based dashboards providing a centralized view of performance data
- The highest Bloomberg ESG disclosure score in its industry and has improved its standing across key ratings platforms, such as CDP, MSCI, and EcoVadis
- Regular reports to the board of directors on the company’s progress
- Won at least one major contract due in significant part to its improved sustainability score on a client’s assessment