Location: Currently, we work remotely and will explore returning to employee hubs when it is safe to do so.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Helping companies to understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs, improve performance, and create long-term value? Do you want to work with committed, thoughtful, and creative team members in a collaborative and supportive work environment? Then FrameworkESG may be the place for you!
FrameworkESG is a specialty consulting firm that helps clients align their thinking, strategies, and operations with evolving environmental, social, and market realities. We’re motivated by a vision to help clients solve some of their—and society’s—thorniest problems, bring clients an exceptional experience, and expand our impact.
During our 18 years in business, we have built a curious and collaborative culture that enables us to bring our best thinking to our clients and, in turn, help our clients exceed their stakeholders’ expectations for performance. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward collaborative dedication, responsiveness, and initiative.
As a member of the FrameworkESG team, you will have the opportunity to influence positive change within some of the world’s largest organizations. As a successful Analyst, you will demonstrate strong research, analytics, and communication skills to develop client deliverables. Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical; you will support the work of the firm’s project teams and contribute directly to valuable client deliverables.
As an analyst, you will work within our consulting team to advise our clients through multifaceted consulting engagements across sectors to develop ESG visions, strategies, and and goals and influence performance. You will conduct complex analyses and research to create and contribute to client deliverables. Analysts are individual contributors across all of our consulting services and play a key role in supporting the project teams. You will be trained in our approach to client work and all of our services and methodologies.
Analysts collaborate with their fellow team members to produce high-quality, visually compelling, and actionable deliverables, which may include:
- ESG benchmarking and assessments: Create and conduct custom analyses of business and ESG trends to help clients understand their ESG performance relative to peers, and develop roadmaps for company improvement
- Sustainability reporting and other communications: Collect and consolidate ESG metrics, track standards adherence (GRI, SASB, UNGC, TCFD, etc.), and organize and write content that communicates company performance
- Materiality analysis: Following our proprietary methodology, guide company ESG strategy through conducting and analyzing stakeholder research, surveys, and interviews
- Ratings and rankings assessments: Interpret rating methodologies (e.g., MSCI, Sustainaltyics, ISS, DJSI, CDP) on behalf of our clients and identify opportunities for improvement
- Bespoke research: Guided by client’s needs, complete research requests and synthesize findings into concise format for sharing with executives
Analysts are expected to build their knowledge of ESG topics and frameworks and familiarize themselves with all of our core services and have the opportunity to develop expertise and a skillset in a specialty of their choosing.
As a small firm, all team members are expected to support various business and operations tasks as needed to help us serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile. Such tasks may include support with sales proposals and presentations, thought leadership and other marketing materials, and other business development efforts. Business and operations tasks are expected to constitute no more than 20% of the analyst’s time.
Your Experience and Skills
We are looking for analysts with the following skills and experience:
- 0–2 years of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG focus; experience with financial analysis or business operations a plus
- Highly strategic and analytical; can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including developing and editing written materials
- Superb time management and prioritization skills; comfort with multiple overlapping deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong, supportive relationships with clients and colleagues
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and data analysis; facility with Bloomberg Terminal, Tableau, SQL, R, or Python a plus
- Strong facility with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, Asana, Slack, and other technology platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required
Our analysts love consulting! They’re excited by diverse work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Analysts work effectively in situations with significant ambiguity and enjoy new experiences and challenges, since no client or project is exactly the same. All team members have a strong sense of client service built on relationships that evolve into partnerships. We listen carefully and speak candidly.
- Ability to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s core values
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly; flexible and adaptable; open to new ideas and ways of working
- Demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse team working across multiple locations
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Enterprise oriented; consider the impacts of your decisions on others; balance client needs with FrameworkESG’s business interests
Working at Framework
We are guided by our values: Relationships rule. Learn every day. Take initiative. Be nimble. We seek mutual understanding and value collaboration, communication, and learning. We are intentional about creating positive team and exceptional client experiences. We celebrate wins big and little. And while the pandemic has transformed how people around the world work, it has only reaffirmed and reinforced our commitment to nurture a supportive work culture.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, professional development, and a flexible work environment.
To ensure your application is considered, please submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample here.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.