Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies to understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs, improve performance, and create long-term value? Do you want to work with committed, thoughtful, and creative team members in a collaborative and supportive work environment? Then FrameworkESG, a Morrow Sodali company, is the place for you.
Morrow Sodali is a leading provider of strategic advice and shareholders services to corporate clients around the world. The firm provides corporate boards and executives with strategic advice and services relating to a broad range of activities, including mergers and acquisitions, annual and special meetings, shareholder activist initiatives, multinational cross-border equity transactions and debt restructuring services. From headquarters in New York and London, and offices and partners in major capital markets, Morrow Sodali serves more than 1,000 corporate clients in 80 countries, including many of the world’s largest multinational corporations. In addition to publicly listed and private companies, its clients include mutual funds, ETFs, stock exchanges and membership associations.
FrameworkESG, a Morrow Sodali company, provides data-driven analysis and expertise to help clients reduce ESG risk, build trust and create long-term value for stakeholders. Together, the two teams will allow Morrow Sodali to offer companies in North America a comprehensive set of ESG and investor-focused services that include assessment, integration, and communication work involving strategic ESG consulting, ESG reporting and disclosure, stakeholder engagement, materiality and rating assessments, competitive analysis, and benchmarking, among others.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Analyst role.
As a successful Analyst, you will demonstrate strong research, analytics, and communication skills to develop client deliverables. Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical; you will support the work of the firm’s project teams and contribute directly to valuable client deliverables.
Working at Framework
We are guided by our values: Relationships rule. Learn every day. Take initiative. Be nimble. We seek mutual understanding and value collaboration, communication, and learning. We are intentional about creating a positive team and exceptional client experiences. We celebrate wins big and little. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals.
We are mostly remote and also have office availability in Stamford and New York. As a distributed team, we are intentional about our remote work relationships. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with relevant experience; unlimited PTO; healthcare and retirement plans; 401(k) match; flexible work location and schedule; as well as ample opportunities for professional development.
As an analyst, you will work within our consulting team to advise our clients through multifaceted consulting engagements across sectors to develop ESG visions, strategies, and goals and influence performance. You will conduct complex analyses and research to create and contribute to client deliverables. Analysts are individual contributors across all our consulting services and play a key role in supporting the project teams. You will be trained in our approach to client work and all our services and methodologies.
Analysts collaborate with their fellow team members to produce high-quality, visually compelling, and actionable deliverables, which may include:
- ESG benchmarking and assessments: Create and conduct custom analyses of business and ESG trends to help clients understand their ESG performance relative to peers, and develop roadmaps for company improvement
- Sustainability reporting and other communications: Collect and consolidate ESG metrics, track standards adherence (GRI, SASB, UNGC, TCFD, etc.), and organize and write content that communicates company performance
- Materiality analysis: Following our proprietary methodology, guide company ESG strategy through conducting and analyzing stakeholder research, surveys, and interviews
- Ratings and rankings assessments: Interpret rating methodologies (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, DJSI, CDP) on behalf of our clients and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analysts are expected to build their knowledge of ESG topics, and frameworks and familiarize themselves with all our core services. This is an opportunity to develop expertise and a skillset in their chosen specialty.
All team members are expected to support various business and operations tasks as needed to help us serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile. Such tasks may include support with sales proposals and presentations, thought leadership and other marketing materials, and other business development efforts. Business and operations tasks are expected to constitute no more than 20% of the analyst’s time.
Required travel: May be required to travel occasionally for internal meetings and in-person meetings as requested.
Your Experience and Skills
We are looking for an analyst with the following skills and experience:
- 0–2 years of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG focus; experience with financial analysis or business operations a plus
- Highly strategic and analytical; can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including developing and editing written materials
- Superb time management and prioritization skills; comfort with multiple overlapping deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong, supportive relationships with clients and colleagues
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and data analysis; facility with Tableau is a plus
Our analysts love consulting! They’re excited by diverse work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Analysts work effectively in situations with significant ambiguity and enjoy new experiences and challenges since no client or project is exactly the same. All team members have a strong sense of client service built on relationships that evolve into partnerships. We listen carefully and speak candidly.
- Ability to demonstrate FrameworkESG’ s core values
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly; flexible and adaptable; open to new ideas and ways of working
- Demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse team working across multiple locations
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
To ensure your application is considered, please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample. To apply for this position please click here.