Location: Anywhere. FrameworkESG offices are located in Stamford, CT and Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract/Freelance
FrameworkESG is a respected consultancy that specializes in helping leading companies build trust, reduce risk, and create value by improving their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices and performance.
We pride ourselves on doing purposeful, high-quality work in a light-hearted, no-drama culture. Framework was ranked #2 on Fortune’s 50 Best Small and Medium Workplaces list in 2016 and has been certified as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
We are looking for strong writers to develop, draft, and edit content for sustainability reports and other client communications.
In this role, it is essential that you have exceptional writing ability. You can tell engaging and insightful stories that pack a substantive punch. Your drafting prep skills allow you to quickly synthesize varied and voluminous streams of information and propose creative approaches to structuring reports. One of your superpowers is making complex concepts accessible without “dumbing them down.” You can step into and project the unique voices of our clients while avoiding greenwash, marketing speak, and jargon. You love language, grammar, and can debate the finer points of using an Oxford comma.
You are also good at prioritizing tasks and managing time, and you’re quick on the uptake. Once we provide direction, you are happy/able to work and learn independently while proactively communicating your progress. You are curious, detail-oriented, and have exceptionally high quality standards.
- College graduate (minimum)
- Proven corporate communications expertise: in-house, agency, or freelance: drafting, editing, proofreading
- Familiarity with ESG and business trends
- Journalism background/experience a plus
- Partial knowledge of reporting standards and framework such as the GRI, SASB, and <IIRC> (desired)
Application deadline: September 28, 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following materials to Ryan Brandenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One-page cover letter detailing:
- A succinct example of how you’ve honed your writing ability, especially as related to sustainability/ESG topics
- Why you are interested in working for Framework
- Two pet peeves
- Two work samples, that are 100 percent your own work, showcasing different writing styles (keep it short, please)
- Two employer or client references
Candidates must have unrestricted rights to work in the U.S.
No phone calls, please.
FrameworkESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment for all our team members.