Location: Stamford, CT. Flexible working arrangement available.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs and concerns and improve the sustainability of their business? Do you want to work with committed, smart, and thoughtful team members to deliver exceptional value to clients? Then FrameworkESG may be the place for you.
FrameworkESG is a next-generation consultancy that helps companies manage risk and gain strategic advantage by proactively engaging, communicating, and managing to address new social, environmental, and economic realities.
We refer to our work as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) management because it’s a more complete lens than CSR, citizenship, sustainability, etc., and one aligned with business and investor metrics and priorities. We’re motivated by a mission to do great work for our clients that makes business stronger, society more sustainable, and our own firm more successful.
In our sixteen years in business, we at FrameworkESG have built a culture in which our people help clients solve thorny problems and diverse challenges in a friendly, curious, and collaborative atmosphere. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward hard work, dedication, responsiveness, and self-starters. It is crucial that you are a great teammate; Framework’s people value each other’s thinking and contributions no matter where they sit or where they stand.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical as you have a direct impact on FrameworkESG’s clients by helping companies improve their ESG performance. You will contribute directly to our growth by helping clients to identify needs, understand their ESG landscape, and offer strategic solutions.
The Opportunity: A high-impact, client-facing role leading day-to-day aspects of client projects. The successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor and partner to our clients and demonstrate strong project-management skills to lead project teams. As a member of the FrameworkESG team you will have the opportunity to build a personal brand, contribute to building a strong company brand, and influence positive change within some of the world’s largest organizations.
The Position: As a consultant, you will advise our clients through multifaceted consulting engagements with a broad array of clients to develop ESG vision and strategies, perform complex analyses and research, and engage internal and external stakeholders. A consultant’s responsibilities include:
- Lead ESG advisory projects with support from conception through delivery to client leadership, including identifying strategic direction of the work and directing team members in project-related tasks
- Manage day-to-day project execution, including project planning; contracting; tracking budget, scope, and internal resources; and communicating project progress to team members and firm leadership
- Serve as a point of contact to some of our diverse portfolio of substantial and well-regarded clients; continue to identify new business opportunities
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality, visually compelling, and actionable deliverables
- Facilitate client workshops, meetings, and presentations, and interact with senior leaders
- Contribute to Framework’s external thought leadership content and business development activities
- Coach, mentor, and support the development of colleagues
- Seek professional development opportunities and maintain up-to-date knowledge of ESG topics, especially related to areas of expertise and relevant industry trends
- Pitch in wherever, whenever, and however appropriate to serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile
Your experience and skills: We seek a forward-thinking consultant with a proven track record who can demonstrate a deep understanding of the business importance of ESG issues and draw clear connections between management of ESG issues and reputational and financial performance to galvanize company action.
- Four to six years of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG focus, preferably a demonstrated area of ESG expertise
- Subject-matter expertise across FrameworkESG’s service areas a plus, including ESG management, reporting and transparency, risk management, inclusion and diversity, employee engagement, and customer engagement
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously; lead project teams, track progress and communicate status to leadership regularly; resolve challenges and roadblocks, and manage to project scope and budget
- Sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including developing and editing written materials
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Highly strategic and analytical; can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Strong facility with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, project management software, Slack and other technology platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability and willingness to travel for project work across the US
Personal qualities: Our consultants love consulting! They’re excited by diverse work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Consultants work effectively in situations with significant ambiguity and enjoy new experiences and challenges, since no client or project is exactly the same. All team members have a strong sense of client service built on relationships that evolve into partnerships, listening carefully, and speaking candidly.
- Able to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s values: committed to a better world; positive and supportive; pragmatic and value focused; leaders and innovators
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly; flexible and adaptable; open to new ideas and ways of working
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse team working across various locations
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Enterprise oriented; consider the impacts of your decisions on others; balance client needs with FrameworkESG’s business interests
Candidates without project or account management experience, or who do not meet other qualifications above are encouraged to apply and may be considered for Analyst and Senior Analyst positions.
To apply: Send résumé and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to careers@frameworkESG.com.
FrameworkESG is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.