Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs and concerns and improve the sustainability of their business? Do you want to work with committed, smart, and thoughtful team members to deliver exceptional value to clients? Then FrameworkESG may be the place for you.
FrameworkESG is a next-generation consultancy that helps companies manage risk and gain strategic advantage by proactively engaging, communicating, and managing to address new social, environmental, and economic realities.
We refer to our work as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) management because it’s a more complete lens than CSR, citizenship, sustainability, etc., and one aligned with business and investor metrics and priorities. We’re motivated by a mission to do great work for our clients that makes business stronger, society more sustainable, and our own firm more successful.
In our sixteen years in business, we at FrameworkESG have built a culture in which our people help clients solve thorny problems and diverse challenges in a friendly, curious, and collaborative atmosphere. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward hard work, dedication, responsiveness, and self-starters. It is crucial that you are a great teammate; Framework’s people value each other’s thinking and contributions no matter where they sit or where they stand.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical as you have a direct impact on FrameworkESG’s business. You will have the opportunity to understand how an ESG consultancy operates, Framework’s performance and data-driven approach, and develop a greater understanding of the ESG landscape.
The Opportunity: Interns (undergrad or grad students, or recent grads) support our ESG research and thought leadership efforts while gaining exposure to the ESG consulting space.
- Location: Seattle, WA at our Pioneer Square office (may consider our Stamford, CT office)
- Schedule: 30 hours per week, Monday through Thursday
- Stipend amount: $4,500 undergrad student or $6,000 grad student
- Program date: June 1, 2020 to August 6, 2020 (10 weeks) (subject to change based on school schedule)
What you’ll do:
- Conduct an ESG-based research project to support our internal knowledge development, service innovation, or sales and marketing efforts. Research will be shaped with Framework team members.
- Support our research on ESG trends, benchmark companies’ ESG performance and communications, industry or issue research, and presentation development (TBD based on needs this summer)
- Present your work to the firm at the end of the summer
Note: interns typically are not assigned to client projects, but opportunities may arise to support client work throughout the summer. Interns also have opportunities to join in internal meetings, client calls, training webinars, and Framework’s social activities.
Past summer interns have completed research projects on SASB use and materiality applications among S&P500 companies, developed case studies of ESG management best practices, and investigated metrics to indicate overall best in class financial performance. Other past projects include developing Framework’s sustainability report and UNGC COP submission and building tools to support Framework’s Materiality service.
Your skills and personal qualities: We seek a student or deep understanding of the business importance of ESG issues and draw clear connections between management of ESG issues and reputational and financial performance to galvanize company action.
- Interest, course work, or past experience in ESG consulting, investing, business, or specific topic areas.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and research abilities, including experience with Bloomberg or ESG ratings
- Strong written communication skills, and expert with Excel spreadsheets and data analysis
- Sound judgment, diplomacy, and high professional ethics and integrity; discrete with client information
- Highly strategic and analytical; can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- You’re quick on the uptake; once we provide direction, you are able to work and learn independently
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s values
- Candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States.
To apply: Send résumé and cover letter, and works sample (maximum 600 words) detailing your interest in the position to careers@frameworkESG.com by February 14, 2020.
- Email subject line should be “2020 Summer Internship [last name] – [office location preference]”
- Cover letter should contain:
- A proposal for an ESG summer research project that you’d be excited to undertake and the value you believe it would provide you and FrameworkESG.
- Two things that drive you crazy.
- Your preferred start date.
FrameworkESG is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.