Location: Remote to start. Then flexible working arrangements TBD. Offices in Stamford, CT and Seattle, WA.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? About helping companies understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs and concerns and improve the sustainability of their business? Do you want to work with committed, smart, and thoughtful team members to deliver exceptional value to clients? Then FrameworkESG may be the place for you.
FrameworkESG is a next-generation consultancy that helps companies manage risk and gain strategic advantage by proactively engaging, communicating, and managing to address new social, environmental, and economic realities.
We refer to our work as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) management because it’s a more complete lens than CSR, citizenship, sustainability, etc., and one aligned with business and investor metrics and priorities. We’re motivated by a mission to do great work for our clients that makes business stronger, society more sustainable, and our own firm more successful.
In our seventeen years in business, we at FrameworkESG have built a culture in which our people help clients solve thorny problems and diverse challenges in a friendly, curious, and collaborative atmosphere. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and reward hard work, dedication, responsiveness, and self-starters. It is crucial that you are a great teammate; Framework’s people value each other’s thinking and contributions no matter where they sit or where they stand.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role are critical as you have a direct impact on FrameworkESG’s clients by helping companies understand and improve their ESG performance.
The Opportunity: A high-impact, client-facing role conducting day-to-day aspects of client projects. The successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor and partner to our clients and demonstrate strong research, analytics, and communication skills to develop client deliverables. As a member of the FrameworkESG team you will have the opportunity to influence positive change within some of the world’s largest organizations.
The Position: As a senior analyst, you will advise our clients through multifaceted consulting engagements within a broad array of industries to develop ESG vision and strategies, perform complex analyses and research, and conduct stakeholder engagement exercises. Senior analysts are individual contributors across all of our consulting services and play a key role in supporting our client project teams.
Senior analysts collaborate with team members to produce high-quality, visually compelling, and actionable deliverables in support of our client projects, which may include:
- ESG benchmarking and assessments: Create and conduct custom analyses of business and ESG trends to help clients understand their ESG landscape, and develop roadmaps for company improvement
- Sustainability reporting and other communications: Collect and consolidate ESG metrics, track standards adherence (GRI, SASB, UNGC, TCFD, ), and organize and write content
- Materiality analysis: Following our proprietary methodology, conduct stakeholder research, prepare surveys and interviews to engage stakeholders, and consolidate results
- Ratings and Rankings: Understand rating methodologies (MSCI, Sustainaltyics, ISS, DJSI, CDP, ) to analyze company performance and identify opportunities for improvement
You will also contribute to Framework’s business and operations, including support with sales pitches and proposals, marketing, and thought leadership. Senior analysts are expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of ESG topics and build a specific area of ESG expertise. All Frameworkers “pitch in wherever and whenever” to help us serve client objectives and elevate Framework’s brand and profile.
Your Experience and skills: We seek a senior analyst with superior quantitative, communication and research skills who can demonstrate a deep understanding of the business importance of ESG issues and draw clear connections between management of ESG issues and reputational and financial performance to galvanize company action.
- Two plus years of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG focus
- Highly strategic and analytical; can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
- Sound judgment, diplomacy, and the highest professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent written communication skills, including developing and editing written materials
- Superb time management and prioritization skills; comfort with multiple tight deadlines
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, and
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and data analysis; Bloomberg, Tableau or SQL, R, Python a plus
- Strong facility with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, Asana, Slack and other technology platforms
- Bachelor’s degree required
Personal qualities: Our analysts love consulting! They’re excited by diverse work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Analysts work effectively in situations with significant ambiguity and enjoy new experiences and challenges, since no client or project is exactly the same. All team members have a strong sense of client service built on relationships that evolve into partnerships, listening carefully, and speaking candidly.
- Able to demonstrate FrameworkESG’s values: committed to a better world; positive and supportive; pragmatic and value focused; leaders and innovators
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly; flexible and adaptable; open to new ideas and ways of working
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse team working across various locations
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do”
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Enterprise oriented; consider the impacts of your decisions on others; balance client needs with FrameworkESG’s business interests
To apply: Send résumé and cover letter detailing your interest in the position to careers@frameworkESG.com.
FrameworkESG is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team of dedicated, passionate professionals. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.